For Mid Hudson News as featured on midhudsonnews.com
MONTICELLO – Sullivan County Government has awarded $305,750 to 22 organizations for projects involving recreation, beautification, historic preservation and the arts. The money will leverage some $600,000 in total project costs.about:blank
The county has allocated the $130,000 targeted for this year; over $250,000 in requests were made.
Plans & Progress awards include:
- $7,500 to Narrowsburg Chamber of Commerce to install a bee-themed mural in downtown Narrowsburg.
- $2,500 to the Town of Cochecton to construct a basketball court at the Town Hall in Lake Huntington.
- $2,000 to Wurtsboro Art Alliance to host a series of free art workshops and classes.
- $10,000 to the Town of Fallsburg to hire an engineer to complete a structural assessment of the historic Denniston Ford Bridge over the Neversink.
- $8,000 to the Village of Monticello to hire an architect to produce designs for converting a building in Monticello to a YMCA.
- $6,500 to Sullivan County Dramatic Workshop to replace the roof on the historic Rivoli Theatre in South Fallsburg.
- $10,000 to the Town of Thompson to host a community day to clean up and make various improvements to Dillon Park.
- $4,000 to Delaware Valley Arts Alliance to conduct Phase 2 of their rebranding initiative.
- $5,000 to the Town of Bethel for trail upgrades and signage at the Forest Reserve at Smallwood.
- $4,000 to Barryville Farmers Market, Inc. for grounds improvements to establish a new home for the Barryville Farmers Market.
- $4,000 to the Town of Forestburgh to replace the roof on the historic former Town Hall building.
- $3,500 to the Town of Delaware to purchase PA and lighting system equipment for Callicoon Porchfest.
- $10,000 to the Town of Liberty to install new wayfinding signage and welcome signage at the entrances to several Town Parks.
- $4,000 to Catskill Regional Medical Center to rehabilitate and redesign the Adult Medical Daycare Garden.
- $9,000 to Monticello Rotary to make various upgrades and grounds improvements at DeHoyos Park in Monticello.
- $10,000 to Nesin Cultural Arts to purchase equipment and supplies to outfit the new Arts Haven center in Monticello for afterschool music and arts programming.
Sullivan Signs awards include:
- $7,500 to the Town of Bethel to complete the second phase of a historic Woodstock trail throughout the Town.
- $2,400 to the Town of Cochecton for new welcome signage at the gateways to the Town.
- $1,300 to the Town of Forestburgh to purchase and install new Town Hall welcome signage.
- $892 to the Town of Lumberland for a new electronic message board at Town Hall.
- $7,500 to the Town of Mamakating and the Mamakating Local Development Corporation to design and install visitor information boards off each of the Town’s Route 17 exits.
- $4,363 to the Village of Liberty to complete the second phase of their downtown wayfinding signage project.
- $2,500 to the Village of Woodridge to design and install new downtown wayfinding signage for the Woodridge and Mountaindale segments of the Sullivan O&W Rail Trail.
- $3,545 to the Town of Thompson to install new historical markers for the Town’s historic schoolhouse project.
Business-Friendly Zoning & Permitting awards include:
- $7,500 to the Town of Forestburgh to assist with the revision of their zoning code to create commercial districts to guide commercial development in certain corridors of the Town.
- $8,500 to the Village of Bloomingburg to upload the Village’s code to eCode to make it readily accessible and available to developers and citizens alike.
Remove Unsafe Structures (RUSt) awards include:
- $13,750 to the Village of Liberty to remove the unsafe structure at 89 ¾ Buckley Street.
- $18,000 to the Village of Woodridge to remove the unsafe structure at 26 Broadway.
- $110,000 to the Sullivan County Land Bank to remove 8 unsafe structures in the Village of Liberty.
- $18,000 to the Town of Fallsburg to remove the unsafe structure at 1125 State Route 52 in Loch Sheldrake.